Guys, sometimes I realize that I’m not nearly grateful enough for all of the little things in my life. The past few weeks have been tough. Freelance work has screeched to a halt, which is super stressful, and I struggle with feeling a little bit useless at times due to not bringing in any income at all. BUT, I’m really trying to keep things in perspective instead of letting myself get crushed by job hunting stress or any insecurities that I might have about that whole mess.
Of course, I am SO thankful for the big things. I’m beyond thankful for a husband who is way too cool for me, keeps me up to date on my viral videos, and loves me unconditionally even when I get down on myself. I’m thankful that we have a place to live. I’m thankful for family, good health, and that we never go without food or clean water. I’m thankful for forgiveness and salvation in Christ. You know – the big things!
But I sometimes feel like I don’t think about the little things enough. I never want to wake up one day and find myself an ungrateful person. So I’m going to try to do this little project semi-regularly. My goal is to take note of some of the little things each month and share the little things that I’ve been appreciating.
Here are some of the lovely little things in my life lately:
- Finding some awesome vinyl records for $0.50 at Half Price Books. Hello, Dolly Parton, Sonny & Cher, and Elton John. Welcome to the collection.
- Being invited for a spontaneous dinner date with two of my favorite kindred spirits.
- Baking these super delicious banana muffins.
- Animal shaped mugs. Drinking out of this beauty brings me such joy in the mornings! So far, we have collected an octopus, raccoon, and owl. But I’m afraid I can’t be stopped at that.
- A nice, cleaned out flower bed ready to grow wildflowers. I thought about including a photo of this, but then I realized that it’s literally just dirt right now. Here’s hoping that those babies will grow!
- Getting to have a lovely Sunday evening outside to watch my MVP husband play soccer in the first game of the summer league.
- HGTV on Netflix. Enough said, am I right?
- The many hilarious faces of Ruby. She’s pretty much my best bud. And yes, my camera roll is 90% pictures of my dog, glad you asked!
- The fact that my fingernails are blue and glittery. Do I consider myself an adult? Yes. Can real adults have blue, glittery nails? Yes, I don’t see why not.
- This awesome news that Sleeping at Last’s newest project is an album with 9 tracks, each track representing one of the Enneagram types. I love Sleeping at Last, I love the Enneagram test (I’m a type 9!), and I’m pretty sure I’m going to love this project.
- My husband introduced me to a whole new world of video games, and he recently suggested that I start to play Zelda: Twilight Princess, and I am beyond hooked. I guess temporary unemployment comes with its perks, and it looks like mine is (surprisingly) extra gaming time.
- Last, but not least, I’m thankful for the potential of many summer weekends at the lake with family. Last summer was so busy that we barely got to spend a sunny day there, but I’m looking forward to some relaxing time with friends and family at the cabin.
The little things are really great. I’ll be trying my best not to be such an ungrateful grump and remember that. 🙂
What are some of the little things that you’re thankful for lately?